Google
 

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Weaveworld

I can't decide if I love this book. like this book or hate this book. Not exactly in that order. I read Weaveworld for my book club and if I didn't know that someone else liked it enough to choose it for the club I would have quit in the first 200 pages. It was slightly intriguing, but a little hard to follow and the characters were not endearing at ALL.

For the next 200-some odd pages, I liked the book. I didn't love it, but it began to have some appeal and make me start to wonder what was going to happen and how it all would end.

Move on to the NEXT 200 or so pages and I LOVED the book. I loved how it all came together. The ending was meaningful. It was GREAT

Still, if it were a short book it'd be worth it to read 1/3 before you started to like it, but to slog through 200 pages before it becomes interesting seems torturous unless you're locked up somewhere and need something to pass the time and keep your mind of something awful. To do that in the middle of summer vacation just sucked!

No comments: