Google
 

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Your Eight Year Old: Lively and Outgoing

As with other books in the popular Louise Bates Ames series, Your Eight Year Old is right on about so many things you'd think she was peeping through my windows and writing specifically about my child.

What I took most from the book is that eight year olds have "complicated" relationships with their mothers, which actually explains a LOT of what's been going on around here. Furthermore, they are lively and outgoing, but also can be mouthy and just plain annoying.

There are a few parts that make it evident the book was written in the 70s, but their summary and explanations of children's behavior makes me feel sooo much more normal.

Once again a great book. I recommend all the books in this series to parents.

No comments: