Google
 

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Free Food For Millionaires

This book was OK and an easy summer read. I picked it up from the new books section at the library because the title Free Food for Millionaires caught my eye and I was curious about this free food for millionaires!

Author Min Jin Lee does a wonderful job of developing several characters who interact with Casey Han as she makes the transition from Princeton to the real world. Basically Casey finds that the real world is HARD and people without wealthy parents have to work for what they get. Actually all kinds of terrible things seem to happen to Casey and everyone she knows.

I found the characters interesting and for the most part the plot was good. It drug on here and there. But, the ending fell flat and left me irritated that I'd read the whole thing for no real conclusion. Perhaps Lee will write a sequel and satisfy my need for closure. Or perhaps the point of her book is that there is no closure.

Since it's an easy read I'd recommend it. You could read it 10 times in the amount of time it'd take to read something like Weaveworld!

No comments: